Governing board and organizational chart
The activities of the Institute for Experimental Pathology at Keldur are in applied veterinary research, animal health control, diagnostic services and expert advice on animal diseases in collaboration with the Chief Veterinary Officer and the Icelandic Food and Veterinary Authority.
The research part of the Institute is divided into three divisions: Division of Fish Diseases, Division of Virology and Molecular Biology, and the Division of Bacteriology, Parasitology and Pathology. All divisions of the Institute provide diagnostic services.
The governing board of Keldur is appointed by the University Council of the University of Iceland according to the 3d article of law nr. 67/1990. The present governing board was appointed January 1st 2019. Its members are:
- Karl G. Kristinsson, professor and chairman, nominated by the Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland
- Zophonías Oddur Jónsson, professor, nominated by the Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Iceland
- Heiða Sigurðardóttir, biomedical scientist, nominated by the staff of the Institute for Experimental Pathology
- Sigurborg Daðadóttir, Chief Veterinary Officer, nominated by the Ministry of Industries and Innovation
- Charlotta Oddsdóttir, Veterinarian, nominated by the Ministry of Industries and Innovation